PRINCETON — The Bureau County Board conducted the following business at its Sept. 10 meeting:
• Heard from Bureau County Clerk Kami Hieronymus who announced the county board seats which will be up for re-election in November 2014, with the primary set for March 18, 2014.
Those board seats, and the persons currently holding them, are as follows: District 1, Robin Rediger; District 3, Jim Donarski; District 4, Jeff Mangrich; District 6, Derek Whited; District 7, Marshann Entwhistle; District 8, Kristi Warren; District 9, Loretta Volker; District 13, Dan Rabe; District 17, James Thompson; District 18, Mike Kohr; District 20, Tom Giordano; District 21, Deb Feeney; and District 26, Connie Stetson.
• Appointed Rodger Bruyn to the Emergency Telephone System Board to replace Calvin Standley, who has resigned from the board.
• Approved a request from Raymond Calsyn Jr., to rezone property in Mineral Township from R-2 and Agriculture to Agriculture to bring property into compliance with the county ordinance.
• Approved a request from Linda Christy for a conditional use permit for an extended use for a family recreational area in Selby Township.
• Heard the tentative budget for the fiscal year beginning Dec. 1, 2013, will be available for discussion at the October board meeting.
• Approved resolution and agreement with Willett, Hofmann and Associates for preliminary engineering work to remove and replace a Backbone Road bridge over Big Bureau Creek.
• Approved resolution and agreement for Willett, Hofmann and Associates to perform township bridge inspections for bridges more than 20 feet in length.