Sheffield Village Board 9-3
SHEFFIELD – The Sheffield Village Board met at 7 p.m. on Sept. 3 in the Sheffield Community Center and conducted the following business:
• Approved minutes from the Aug. 19 meeting.
• Approved bills in the amount of $14,781.53.
• Approved the treasurer's report.
• Approved the seal coat bid of $12,680.40 contingent on approval from Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT). Motion was approved to accept the bid from Pavement Maintenance Co.
• There was a zoning request for a variation for an above-ground swimming pool with attached deck and steps to be in the front yard. The board had no objection to the request.
• There was no action on the request by North Central Illinois Council of Governments for funds and remains tabled for further review.
• The playground committee approached the mayor and asked if the village will donate to the playground equipment fund. The committee also requested the village decide what current playground equipment should be removed and what is to be kept. They will be doing a phone canvas for donations as a final fundraiser for the project. The village would like to have someone from the committee address the board directly.
• Village attorney Dan Tracey is working on an ordinance regarding ATVs. There was a question as to whether proof of insurance needed to be shown in order to get a permit.
• A list with a few new ordinance violations was submitted by the trustees. It was decided the officer should first look at the alleged violations first before a letter is written.
• Brent DeVenney would like to put in a few hours work. Officer Todd Marquez needs to see about scheduling hours for him.
• Seal coat should be done no later than this month.
• The water committee scheduled a meeting at 7 p.m. Sept. 26 in the community center regarding water meters.