SHEFFIELD — The Sheffield Village Board met at 7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 16 in the Sheffield Community Center and conducted the following business:
• Approved minutes from the meeting on Sept. 3 bills in the amount of $17,711.51 and the treasurer's report.
• The village engineer reported the seal coat was completed on Sept. 16, and they will come back in two weeks to sweep the loose gravel. The board questioned if there is a reason they couldn't bid the seal coating earlier in the year like the township does and perhaps get a better deal. The village engineer also reported the bids to do the curbing will be opened on Friday, Sept. 27.
• The first reading of the ATV, UTV and golf cart ordinance was read. There will be a public meeting 15 minutes prior to the next regular board meeting for the public to voice any concerns. The following meeting there will be a vote.
• Discussed properties in violation of the ordinances.
• Mayor William Rosenow planned to talk with a citizen regarding riding his lawn mower onto the West Park Shelter stage.
• Officer Todd Marquez will be scheduling hours for Brent DeVenney to work.
• There was no superintendent report.