LADD — The Ladd Community Consolidated School District Board met on Sept. 24 following the public hearing on the 2013-14 budget, and conducted the following business:
• Approved the 2013-14 budget as presented at the hearing.
• Approved the Application for Recognition of Schools to be sent to the Illinois State Board of Education.
• Waived the building use fees for Project Success to hold their Santa’s Workshop in the school on Dec. 13-14.
• Waived the entrance fee to the Oct. 29 basketball game for spectators who bring three or more items to support Project Success’s Pack the Pantry Night.
The board also:
• Heard from Superintendent Michelle Zeko that all seven board members were recognized at the Starved Rock Division meeting of the Illinois Association of School Boards for completing professional development.
• Heard the sixth-day enrollment was 237.
• Heard roof work began on the bell tower and one scupper. As soon as the state approves the life/safety plan, the other projects will be scheduled.
• The PTO’s officers are Amanda Coutts as secretary and Amy Bosi as treasurer. Ariella Lawler is the acting president. The PTO meets the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m.
• The next regular board meeting has been changed to 7 p.m. Oct. 21 in the school library.