Ohio Grade School 9-24
The Ohio Grade School Board of Education met in regular session on Tuesday, Sept. 24 and conducted the following business:
• Budget hearing was held at 6:30 p.m. with the regular board meeting following.
• Discussed one-on-one computing and decided to table it at this time.
• Approved salary percentages of shared faculty and staff as corrected.
• Approved the Application for Recognition of Schools.
• Accepted the Joint Agreement Budget for the Alternative Education Program.
• Approved the administrator and teacher salary and benefit report.
• Approved renewal Certificate of Membership Illinois School District Property/Casualty Insurance.
• Approved changing the frequency of the school's drug screening to be determined by administration.
• Approved updating the copy machine in the principal's office. The district had one year left on their five year contract, but Illinois Valley Business agreed to go ahead and update the district now and start a new five-year contract.
• Superintendent Sharon Sweger reported the school has 82 students in the grade school. She also shared a letter from Bart Piper, maintenance employee, about concerns with the condition of the tree out front of the building. Board president Albrecht suggested the building committee meet with Bart to discuss this matter. The ROE Life Safety Inspection was performed last week. Sweger reported there were a few items the school needed to address. She said the school is working on resolving the issues. Sweger also thanked Yogi Bear Jellystone Campground for the donation of crayons. She said there is always a need in the lower grades.
• Principal Jason Wilt reported the girls' volleyball season has been very good. Also, Stanford/OLSAT testing started Monday, Sept. 23 and should be finished up by the end of the week. Also, kindergarten through third grade took a field trip to Tanner's Orchard on Sept. 17. They had a beautiful day and a good time, according to Wilt. Wilt also thanked the PTO who helped with the cost of this field trip.
The next regularly scheduled meeting will be at 7 p.m. Oct. 15 in the school library.