SHEFFIELD — The Sheffield Village Board met at 7 p.m. Oct. 21 in the Sheffield Community Center and conducted the following business:
• Approved minutes from the Oct. 7 meeting, bills in the amount of $31,076.09 and the monthly treasurer's report.
• Approved to purchase a Ford F250 pickup truck from the state bid.
• Engineer Don Bixby had no report.
• The first meeting in November will be the auditors, playground committee and a representative from a water meter company.
• Mayor William Rosenow noted he had written a letter to Tim Girkin, owner, and Kris Donarski, zoning officer, regarding property on East Railroad and keeping it in compliance with the coming variance. The owners are keeping it mowed, have repaired the fence on the east side of the property and are trying to get a variance for permission to put a fence up closer to the highway.
• The ordinance regulating the usage of ATV, UTV and golf carts will go into effect Jan. 1.
• Pictures of three houses and the property have been taken and submitted to attorney Dan Tracy. These properties are in dilapidated condition and have been vacant for several years.
• Rosenow reported Officer Marquez has written two tickets for ordinance violations on properties that he had previously contacted and given warnings.
• Clean-up day went well this year. There was less to clean up this time than in previous times.
• The board made the decision to offer Tom DeMay full-time work and to have Leif Porter start training John Gosch on more of the equipment.
• Superintendent Leif Porter reported he is busy winterizing building, mowing is coming to an end and will leave decks on for leaf mulching. Porter also wanted to attend class in Hudson, IL on Nov. 7 at the cost of $75. The hydrants have been flushed. Porter met with Don Craig on Oct. 29 to finalize mapping. The garbage clean-up is complete, Mike Minnaert is working out well. Also working on service work and plow preparation. Bill has contract other for new F250 with plow. This needs sent in to order.
The next board meeting will be held at 7 p.m. Monday in the Sheffield Community Center.