Ladd Village Board
The Ladd Village Board conducted the following business at its Nov. 12 meeting:
• Heard repairs are needed on the Street Department’s Dodge pickup truck. The board directed the superintendent to seek repair estimates for consideration at the Nov. 26 meeting.
• Heard representatives from A.J. Gallagher & Co. present two options for village liability insurance. A representative from the Illinois Municipal League Risk Management Association will give a presentation at the Nov. 26 meeting.
• Heard that three computers with Windows XP will no longer be supported after April 2014. Quotes will be sought for a new computer each for the police department, street department and clerk’s office.
• Received the police department’s activity report for October 2013.
• Approved donations of $280 to the Hall Township Food Pantry for 4 Thanksgiving and 4 Christmas food baskets and a $25 utility bill credit to the winner of the Christmas lighting contest.
• Approved the payment of bills in the amount of $57,164.11.
• Discussed complaints received on the gathering of leaves from one location and transporting them to another location for burning. The burning ordinance will be amended to prohibit this practice and will be presented for consideration at the Nov. 26 meeting.
• Approved a contract with TEST Inc. for the 2014 Certified Operator in Charge of the village’s water and wastewater treatment plants at a monthly fee of $256.07.
• Scheduled a working meeting on the FY14 tax levy at 6 p.m. Nov. 26.
• Thanked Frank Cattani and the Ladd Men’s Club for sweeping Main Street and for the purchase and installation of Christmas lights in the Main Street trees.
• Heard the Ladd Men’s Club will begin a monthly drawing of one utility customer to receive a $25 credit to their utility bill. The Ladd CIA had sponsored the drawing in past years.
• Heard the Ladd Men’s Club recently made donations of $350 to the Hall Township Food Pantry for 10 holiday baskets and of $1,000 to the Ladd Fire Department.
The board will meet in regular session at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 26 in the Village Hall.