The Ladd Community Consolidated School District Board of Education held its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Nov. 19. Brandy Cattani presented how iPads are used in the classroom.
Superintendent Michelle Zeko reported:
• The district was well represented in the BVEC Music Festival on Oct. 22.
• Sixth-grader Marshall Walk was the winner of this year’s spirit wear contest, sponsored by Ladd PTO.
• The student council sponsored Red Ribbon Week activities and an assembly with Chief Bill Gaefke as the speaker. They planned activities and an assembly for Anti-Bullying Week with Jackie Ribas as the speaker. They sponsored a food drive for Project Success and are collecting toys for Project Success’s Santa’s Workshop, which will be held on Dec. 14.
• Chief Gaefke arranged for the Ride of Pride semi-tractor to stop at the school on its way across country. All students viewed the truck and heard the presentation from the driver who spoke about the truck, veterans and serving the country.
• David Lawrence and Jennifer Manning planned an assembly to honor veterans on Nov. 8, with Mrs. Ribas and Chief Gaekfe assisting. Student thank you notes to veterans were made into booklets, and presented to each veteran. Booklets for veterans unable to attend the assembly will be presented at the next Ladd American Legion meeting.
• The chorus will carol during Ladd’s Christmas walk and student volunteers will decorate storefronts on Main Street.
• Stacy Robbins in the new program coordinator for the Ladd After School Program and Nancy Piccatto is the tutor.
• The PTO is conducting its candle sale from Nov. 21 to Dec. 2, and planning holiday room parties for Dec. 20.
• An open house to honor John T. Piccatto, Sr. will be held on Dec. 10 from 6 to 7 p.m., prior to the winter concert at 7 p.m. The library will be renamed that evening. The public is welcome and encouraged to come for both events.
• The price of the school sign has decreased. The district is near their goal. The Ladd Education Association is sponsoring a pancake and sausage breakfast on Dec. 15 with the proceeds to go toward the cost of the sign.
The following business was conducted:
• Adopted the resolution to rename the library, The John T. Piccatto library.
• Approved a three-year agreement with the Ladd Education Association.
• Set salaries for office staff.
• Appointed Dennis Galetti to fill the vacancy on the board until the next school board election.
• Accepted the resignation of Paul Quinn as board secretary and elected Nathan Fiocchi to fill the position.
• Approved the tax levy resolution with the tax rate under 105 percent of last year’s levy. A tax levy public hearing is not necessary, but the board will hold one as is customary. The hearing will be held at 7 p.m. Dec. 17 before the next regular meeting.
The next regular board meeting will be at 7 p.m. Dec. 17.