Ladd Village Board
LADD – The Ladd Village Board conducted the following business at its Nov. 26 meeting:
• Heard the 2013 test results for the Valtran 7.5 MVA transformer, which is the substation’s main transformer. A recommendation was given to have it retested is now to three months, to have a back-up plan available in case the unit fails and to consider taking it out of service for further evaluation. The superintendent has already scheduled a retest for January and a smaller 5 MVA transformer is in inventory, if needed.
• Accepted the verbal quote of $620 from Ladd Automotive to make repairs to the Dodge truck.
• Complimented the street department on the beautiful job done in decorating the park for Christmas.
• Approved the October 2013 treasurer’s report.
• Heard the two officers sponsored by the village of Ladd for the police academy had graduated and passed the state exam. Both are currently employed by the village as part-time police officers. The police chief has submitted paperwork for 100 percent reimbursement of their schooling, which he expect to receive in June 2014.
• Would take action on an amended outdoor burning ordinance at the Dec. 10 meeting.
• Heard a presentation from Illinois Municipal League Risk Management Association representative Eric Little for 2014 village liability insurance.
• Accepted Connecting Point’s proposal of $3,683.98 for three new computers for the police department, street department and village clerk’s office.
• Approved Christmas bonuses of $100 for full-time employees and $50 for the school crossing guard.
• Approved the 2014 board meeting schedule. The board meets at 6:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays in the village hall.
• Heard video gaming tax received for October 2013 was $1,096.42.
• Briefly discussed the option of accepting credit cards.
• Briefly discussed the option of a local sales tax increase.
• Heard Santa’s Workshop would be held on Dec. 14 at Ladd Grade School.
• Heard the Snowman Parade would be held during the Ladd Christmas Walk.
• Approved bills in the amount of $99,025.88.
The board will meet at 6:30 p.m. today, Tuesday, in the village hall.