Sheffield Village Board
SHEFFIELD — The Sheffield Village Board met at 7 p.m. on Nov. 18 in the Sheffield Community Center and conducted the following business:
• Approved to donate $2,900 to the playground fundraiser and pledge to build bathroom facilities.
• Approved a $1,000 donation to the Western Bureau County Food Pantry.
• Approved an invoice in the amount of $5,250 to North Central Illinois Council of Governments (NCICG) for the administration of the CDAP grant.
• Accepted the cost of burn barrels, which has been lowered to $15. Those that paid $30 will receive a credit on their water bill.
• Heard a report from superintendent Leif Porter. He is still mulching leaves. Tennis court still needs cleaned up. New L.E.D. Christmas decoration has been installed on the west edge of town. Was informed of new safety regulations that began on Dec. 1. Porter has started ordering different “Right-to-Know” MSDS and SDS binders and wall mounts. He also is upgrading first aid kits and eyewash stations. Porter will get new placards when companies start getting the new Universal Material Placards.
Also, Porter hasn’t been in contact with Midwest Meters. The big plow and small plow at garage are ready to go. Workers have recently patched potholes. Season may be over for patching. Going to keep John Gosch Monday and Friday to help with garbage, starting Dec. 8. Porter will also bring him for snow removal or emergency work. Also, will have the crew crack down on the “2 bag or 2 can” limit.
Porter also reported he has to purchase safety equipment for wastewater treatment plant — padlocks, safety hook and pole, danger and electrical hazard signs. Lastly, mowing at cemetery is completed.
The board adjourned at 7:45 p.m.