LADD — The Ladd Village Board met in regular session on Dec. 19 and conducted the following business:
• Approved Spring Green’s proposal of $1,581.71 for vegetation and weed control at the wastewater treatment plant lagoons, Kennedy Park ball diamonds and War Memorial Park. The board authorized the pre-payment of the invoice, resulting in a 5 percent discount.
• Authorized payment of bills in the amount of $153,010.86.
• Accepted the November 2013 treasurer’s report.
• Heard two of the village’s part-time police officers have been fired as full time by other departments. Amy Hutchisson will be working for the Mendota Police Department, and Israel Ramos was hired as police chief in Fairbury.
• Directed the renewal of all 30-day CDs.
• Heard North Central Bank has donated a new electronic scoreboard for the Little League ball diamond.
The board will meet at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 14 in the village hall.