Fair
61°FFairFull Forecast

Ladd Grade School evacuated

Published: Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2014 3:20 p.m. CST • Updated: Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2014 3:25 p.m. CST

More than 230 students at Ladd Grade School were evacuated to the Ladd Fire Station Wednesday after a gas smell was reported about 9:40 a.m. Students spent about four hours at the station before being taken back to school by buses. Superintendent Michelle Zeko reported the smell came from a rooftop heating unit and not a gas leak. Personnel from Ameren and fire department went through the building to find the smell’s source.

Get breaking news and weather sent to your phone. Sign up for bcralerts!

More News