MANLIUS — The Bureau Valley District School Board met in regular session at 7 p.m. Jan. 27 in the district administrative office in Manlius. The following business was discusses:
• Approved the transfer of Manlius playground equipment to BV North PTO as needed.
• Approved a retirement request for teachers in third year of notification for Chris Olds.
• Accepted Amanda Crawford as BV South volunteer assistant girls basketball coach.
• Accepted the resignation of Geneva Everson as Sheffield bus site monitor.
• Accepted the resignation of Rich Thomas, transportation head mechanic, effective June 1. Also, retirement notices effective the end of the 2013-14 school year for Nancy Anderson, high school secretary, and Sharon Gerdes, BV North secretary.
• Building principal reports were received by the board and highlighted activities in all buildings. Kindergarten preregistration for Bureau Valley was set for the week of Feb. 10-13 at Walnut and Wyanet. Parents may pre-register their child in the attendance center their child will attend from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on those dates.
High school administration also highlighted student activities that included sports, IMEA All-State Music participation by two students and the drama department’s recent cabaret performance. Practice has begun for the spring musical.
The next regular meeting will be at 7 p.m. Monday, Feb. 24 in the district administrative office in Manlius.