Ladd Village Board
LADD — The Ladd Village Board conducted the following business at its Jan. 28 meeting:
• Agreed to compensate Dave Flaherty $178.25 for crop loss due to the Cleveland Street Sewer Separation Project.
• Approved a request from Spring Valley Girls Softball to hold a tag day in Ladd on April 5.
• Granted permission to Chief Bill Gaefcke to seek a quote from Braniff Communication on a secondary method of activating the outdoor warning sirens.
• Heard that many unattached garages have recently been entered with smaller items being reported as stolen. Gaefcke encouraged residents to keep their doors locked and to report any suspicious activity.
• Granted permission to Chief Gaefcke to obtain pricing on security cameras to be used on village properties.
• Directed Superintendent Doug Englehaupt to obtain pricing on a back-up generator for the Ladd Community Center. The center is designated as an emergency warming shelter should a disaster or a wide-spread power outage occur.
• Heard that the cases regarding the Pyzner property were continued to the end of February. The owner has responded that she intends to cooperate and to clean up the Main Street property.
• Discussed a possible renovation of the Village Hall. Due to the condition and age of the building, the board feels that a new building would be a better option.
• Passed a resolution for the Convoy Against Cancer Big Truck Show and the Closing of Illinois Route 89 on May 3.
• Approved liquor licenses for Cancun, Dick’s, Lanuti’s, Rip’s, Softails, Casey’s, Ladd Lanes and Greg Colmone Scholarship Fund.
• Commended the Street Department for the fine job done on clearing snow from the village’s streets.
• Approved payment of bills in the amount of $124,608.77.
The board will meet at 6:30 p.m. today, Tuesday, in the Village Hall.