The Ladd Village Board conducted the following business at its Feb. 11 meeting:
• Approved the purchase of a new utility locating machine not to exceed $5,000.
• Directed the police chief to search for a more affordable price for an alternate way to activate the village’s outdoor warning sirens. The board felt the quote of $5,425 along with a dedicated phone line was too expensive.
• Accepted the resignation of Chris Insco effective Feb. 21.
• Approved a donation of $25 to Special Olympics.
• Discussed an issue with private contractors who are plowing snow onto the village’s sidewalks, especially on Main Street.
• Encouraged residents to keep the area around fire hydrants clear of snow and to check on their elderly neighbors.
• Heard no quotes had been received for a backup generator at the community center.
• Heard research continues into the acceptance of credit cards in the village clerk’s office.
• Approved the payment of bills in the amount of $22,156.67.
The board will meet at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 25 in the village hall.