Ladd Village Board
LADD — The Ladd Village Board conducted the following business at its meeting on March 11:
• Heard Village Engineer Adam Ossola inform the board of its eligibility for federal funds for road improvements on select streets. Cleveland Street would be the only eligible street, since it runs from one federal aid route (Route 89) to another (Plank Road). Since a portion of the road belongs to Hall Township, the board would also need to agree with the project.
• Directed Village Superintendent Doug Englehaupt to contact Central Tank Coatings for watertower maintenance.
• Englehaupt informed the board of a residence with a frozen water line. He plans to excavate to get access to the valve at the buffalo box.
• Took no action on a proposal for security cameras at village properties.
• Received the police department’s activity report for February.
• Reviewed proposals for a stand-by generator at the community center and agreed it was too costly to pursue.
• Proclaimed April as Fair Housing Month.
• Approved a $25 donation to the Hall Booster Organization for prom after glow.
• Agreed not to participate or invest in the Illinois River Road National Scenic By-Way.
• Entered closed session to discuss compensation for the utility man position. At the Feb. 25 meeting, the board hired David Fiocchi for the job.
• Heard the review of closed session minutes will take place at the March 25 meeting.
• Authorized payment of bills in the amount of $28,831.15.