BUDA — At this week’s Buda Village Board meeting, Treasurer Jenny Bollinger said plans are being made for a 5K run in the village this summer. The run, under the coordination of Trudi Buckman, will raise funds for after-school programs in the village. Bollinger said Buckman will be at the next month’s board meeting to go over details about the run.
In other board meeting news:
• The treasurer said she will proceed with placing liens on several properties to recover money owed the village for unpaid water and sewer bills.
• The village received a $20,000 check from Hertz Management.
• The board will review the results of the village financial audit for 2013 with village auditor Joe Birkey at the next board meeting.
• Village Superintendent Duane Roberts went over the results of a street inspection performed by Jack Kusek of McClure Engineering. The review was made in order to help prioritize repairs to streets that will have to be made due to the harsh winter.
• The results of surveys placed in water bills have been submitted to the library. The village library trustees are in the process of reviewing of the results.
• A village Easter egg hunt committee needs to be formed, and anyone interested in volunteering needs to contact Bollinger through the village office immediately. The Easter egg hunt is scheduled for April 19 in the village park.
• The city-wide cleanup day is April 9.
• Larry Roberts received the go ahead to build the archive display in the foyer to the village library.
Comment on this story at www.bcrnews.com.