MANLIUS — The Bureau Valley School Board met in regular session on Monday, March 17 and took the following action:
• Discussed foundation grants will be awarded at the April board meeting. Administrators reported on their building activities. High School Principal Eric Lawson and Athletic Director Jeff Ohlson said the athletic conference voted for no division in the football conference starting the 2015-16 year. All schools will play each other, (and teams will rotate between north and south divisions). The Boosters Club was thanked for purchasing a portable sounds system for outdoor and commons area use.
• BV South Principal Kristal LeRette reported 40 students have pre-registered for kindergarten. The district usually sees a gain of four to five students when school starts in the fall and is estimating an enrollment of about 47 students. BV North Principal Sandra Beitsch said her students are currently practicing for computer-based PARCC field tests. The Bureau Valley Drawdown was held on March 22 at Arnie's in Deer Grove.
• Approved regular meeting minutes of Feb. 24, closed session minutes of Feb. 24 regular meeting, Feb. 8 special meeting minutes and March 3 personnel committee meeting minutes.
• Approved current Bureau Valley 340 bills and payroll, current Bureau County Special Schools bills and payroll, monthly financial and treasurer's report.
• Approved the Title I School Improvement Plans for Wyanet Elementary and BV South.
• Approved a travel request for the renaissance program students to attend a national conference training program in Orlando, Fla., July 11-13. Costs are paid from the program's funds.
• Approved the annual Science Club boundary waters trip June 2-7.
• Approved the district's BMP Special Education Cooperative membership agreement with Timberline Billing Service, LLC to process Medicaid claims for reimbursement for member districts.
• Approved the support staff handbook changes as presented.
After a closed session. the board:
• Accepted the resignations of Paul Arteaga as high school physical education teacher, effective at the end of the 2013-14 school year; Dan Gustafson as BV South Student Council Sponsor and Michael Garber as BEST teacher.
• Accepted the employment of Spencer Davis as head football coach for the 2014-15 school year.
• Approved the rehiring of district administrators BV North Principal Sandra Beitsch, BV South Principal Kristal LeRette, BV High School Principal Eric Lawson and Alternative Education/Behavior Disorder Programs Administrator Egan Hicks, all for the 2014-15 school year.
The next regular meeting of the Bureau Valley School Board will be at 7 p.m. Monday. April 28 in the district administrative office in Manlius.