The Ladd Community Consolidated School District Board met for its regular monthly meeting March 18. The following business was conducted:
• Mrs. Amy Rynkewicz and Miss Jacki Knowles demonstrated an iPad application that a non-verbal student uses to communicate.
• Superintendent Michelle Zeko reported the district has collected 79 percent of its budgeted revenues for the fiscal year and expended 62 percent of budgeted expenses.
• The PTO is hosting Family Movie Night at 7 p.m. Friday, March 28. The movie shown will be Disney's "Frozen." The PTO is getting ready to launch their club's choice spring fundraiser and will host one more book fair during the last week in April.
• Grandparent luncheon will be on April 11, which is the last Friday before spring break.
• Updated quotes for an electronic school sign were received. Location was discussed. The school will apply to the village for a variance.
• School safety was discussed.
• The board and staff will work together to plan for a one technology device per student learning environment.
• Purchased three sections of risers with side rails from Wenger.
• Rehired staff for the 2014-15 school year.
The next regular meeting for the board of education will be held at 7 p.m. April 15.