Ladd Village Board 3-25
The Ladd Village Board conducted the following business at its meeting on March 25:
• Heard Village Engineer Adam Ossola report the Hall Township Road Commissioner is agreeable to including Cleveland Street to the Federal Aid Routes program and would be submitting his paperwork to the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT). The village would be responsible for 20 percent of the program cost and federal money would be used for the remaining 80 percent.
• Heard Village Superintendent Doug Englehaupt report a proposal from Central Tank Coatings for painting the 100,000-gallon tank, and the maintenance of both water towers is expected soon.
• Head Englehaupt inform the board his new employee is working out well and commended the board for choosing him.
• Accepted a proposal of $2,800 from Water Tower Clean and Coat for cleaning and inspection of the detention vessel at the water treatment plant.
• Heard Village Attorney Pat Barry report he has sent a letter to Comcast since the village has not received a payment for 2013 pole rental. He will follow up once more and then send a complaint.
• Heard Barry report no response was received from IBEW Representative Bobby Wedell regarding the contact addendum for the new employee.
• Took no action on a quote for security cameras on village properties. Village President Mike Grivetti informed the board of repeated vandalism occurring in the park.
• Accepted a contact for $9,200 from Hopkins & Associates for Fiscal Year 2014 audit services.
• Proclaimed May as Motorcycle Awareness Month.
• Took no action on a donation request from St. Margaret's for Healthy Kids Camp.
• Heard the two new hard drives had been ordered and installed following an emergency situation with the file server in the village hall.
• Entered closed session to review closed session minutes.
• Approved the release of the closed session minutes of 23 closed meetings.
• Heard John Kopina publicly thank the village, his neighbor Edna Gronbach, Jack Donna and coach Mussatti for their efforts toward his recent water problem.
• Approved the payment of bills in the amount of $110,606.35.
The board will meet again on Tuesday, April 8 in the village hall.