LADD — The Ladd Village Board conducted the following business at its April 8 meeting:
• Discussed a 2014 Motor Fuel Tax Program. Heard Superintendent Doug Englehaupt report the worst areas in town are on West Cleveland Street and Spring Creek Drive. He said Peru Avenue was patched but not sealed due to the water main construction project. An engineer from Chamlin & Associates will assess the streets and make his recommendation to the board.
• Accepted a contract with Central Tank Coatings for maintenance of the water towers.
• Heard the oil test has been done on the main transformer. When the results arrive, they will be compared to previous results to determine if there is an increase in gassing which would indicate an internal issue.
• Authorized Englehaupt to proceed with the east end electric upgrade project.
• Heard attorney Pat Barry report he had sent a letter to Comcast informing them he would file suit against them if they have not paid their 2013 pole rental fees by the end of April.
• Approved a business sign permit for Ladd Farm Mart.
• Agreed a variance would not be required for the installation of an electronic sign at Ladd Grade School.
• Approved a building permit for Phil Hocking at 137 S. Main Ave.
• Approved a $3,000 donation to the Ladd Youth Baseball for field dressing on the large ball diamond in Kennedy Park.
• Commended the street department for the nice job done cleaning War Memorial Park.
• Discussed the ongoing vandalism in the park.
• Discussed credit card and electronic payment options for the payment of utility bills. The board agreed to pass on the convenience fee to the customer for use of these services.
The board will meet at 6:30 p.m. April 29 in the Village Hall.