OHIO — The Ohio Grade School Board of Education met in regular session on May 20 with the following action taken or discussed:
• Approved the agenda as presented, the minutes from the April 15 regular board meeting and the Holiday Waiver Hearing, the treasurer’s report as presented, bills and payroll.
• Heard from Linda Beattie, an audience member, who stated she didn’t like the way band finals were scheduled after school. Superintendent Sharon Sweger explained that Patrick Anderson did this so he could give the student his full attention and not worry about the other students in the class making noise or distracting the student. Beattie would like to see this changed next year.
• Appointed Marilyn Johnson as district treasurer.
• Authorized depositories for district funds: Midland State Bank of Princeton, Heartland Bank of Princeton, Citizens First State Bank of Walnut, First State Bank of Van Orin, Centrue Bank, Central Bank of Princeton and Illinois School District Liquid Asset Funds.
• Approved to pay IESA membership dues and track entry fees.
• Approved auditors Phillips and Associates of Bloomington.
• Approved architects for district lands, Benson and Parkins of Chillicothe and Scott Piper, of Palos Park.
• Appointed legal representatives for district ward, Murray, Pace & Johnson, P.C. of Dixon and Klein, Thorpe and Jenkins Ltd. of Chicago.
Sweger reported to the board that after working with Regina, the bookkeeper, and checking with the auditors there is no need to amend the budget, therefore there is no need to schedule a hearing. She also reported:
• Enrollment is 88 students.
• As far as the levy report, the district had a decrease in the turbine revenue and an increase in other areas resulting in a total decrease of only $1,082.55.
• Sweger received the State Special Education evaluation. Both districts received the highest rating of 4.0.
• Sweger informed the board they have had their first teachers’ contract negotiations meeting and have additional meetings scheduled.
Principal Jason Wilt reported:
• He congratulate the two girls that made it to state. Maddi Deery placed fifth in the shot and seventh in the discus. Lexi Loftus placed 17th in the long jump and 19th in the hurdles. Jordon Olson and Lindsey Deery were their coaches and they all did a great job.
• There will be a basketball camp run by Greg Albrecht starting June 9 and running through June 13 10:30 a.m.- noon for any boy or girl going into grades 6-8. For boys and girls going into grades 3-5 will be at 9-10:15 a.m. Albrecht must have a minimum of 10 kids in each age group signed up for the camps to take place.
• LaMoille/Ohio Lady Lion Volleyball Camp will be June 16-19. It will be held in the LaMoille High School Gym at the cost of $40 each.
The board convened to executive session at 7:35 p.m. and reconvened to regular session at 7:43 p.m. Following the executive session, the board:
• Released executive session minutes from the April 15 meeting.
• Accepted with regret the resignation of teachers’ aide Robin Roddel.
• Accepted with regret the resignation of junior high math and science teacher Jordon Olson. She is also resigning from her extra-curricular activities.
• Accepted, with great appreciation for her service, the retirement resignation of Sally Munson as part-time art teacher.
• Approved the employment of Sharon Kuntz as vision/hearing screener for 2014-15.
The next regularly scheduled meeting will be in the school library at 7 p.m. June 17.