The Hall Lady Devils sent coach Pete Kasperski out with a happy retirement as regional champions. Four Lady Devils crack this year’s All-BCR Softball team.
Emily Draper (St. Bede) — Sophomore, center fielder
• Called up early in the season from the F/S squad, the sophomore center-fielder delivered for the big club with a team-high .431 average with 19 runs scored and seven doubles. She received First Team Three Rivers South All-Conference honors.
Brenna Faletti (Hall) — Senior, shortstop
• The senior shortstop led the Lady Devils with a .421 average, 22 runs and eight stolen bases out of the leadoff hole. She will be taking her game on the Hilltop to play for IVCC.
Megan Foes (Annawan/Wethersfield) — Senior, pitcher
• The Mineral product led the Titans co-op both in the circle with a 12-12 record, 2.56 ERA and 130 strikeouts and at the plate, batting .526 with five homers and 23 RBIs and 32 runs scored. The Lincoln Trail All-Conference selection was also tabbed to the Dispatch/Argus All-Area team.
Ellie Herrmann (Hall) — Junior, second baseman
• Batting ahead of her senior sister Becca, Herrmann batted .371 out of the No. 3 hole in the lineup, driving in a team-high 20 runs with six doubles and two homers.
Danielle Hughes (Princeton) — Junior, center fielder
• The third-year varsity player found a home at the top of the Tigresses’ lineup, batting .379 with 14 RBI, six doubles, a triple and five stolen bases. She was a First Team Three Rivers South All-Conference selection.
Abby Jaques (Princeton) — Junior, catcher
• The BCR Player of the Year batted (.456) and slugged the most home runs (8) and drove in the most runs (27). The strong-armed catcher received unanimous First Team Three Rivers South All-Conference selection as much for her arm and her bat.
Morgan Knoblauch (St. Bede) — Senior, first baseman
• The Lady Bruins’ first bagger matched teammate’s Draper’s 37 hits while compiling a .421 batting average with 10 RBI and three doubles. The First Team Three Rivers South All-Conference selection will play at IVCC next year.
Ashley Phillips (Bureau Valley) — Sophomore, infielder
• The Storm sophomore made a name for herself in the area with a pair of three-run homers to lead the Storm to a 10-6 regional win over St. Bede. The Second Team Three Rivers North infielder batted .377 with 20 runs scored and 12 stolen bases.
Adrianna Pikula (Hall) — Sophomore, pitcher
• The sophomore slinger took over the bulk of Hall’s pitching duties, posting 10 of the team’s 12 wins. She had an area-best 2.81 ERA while striking out 105 in 97 innings. She helped her own cause with a .317 batting average.
Deidra Whightsil (Hall) — Senior, center fielder
• The senior center fielder batted .378 with 19 runs scored while driving in 15 runs. The Hall tri-captain will remain a Red Devil, playing for Eureka College next year.
Bureau Valley — Irini Petros and Darcy Kepner.
Hall — Abbey Azarskis and Becca Herrmann.
LaMoille/Ohio — Amanda Chasteen and Myrah Graham.
Princeton — Mollie Bates, Madison Menzel and Courtney Oeder.
St. Bede — Emmi Christensen and Tara Kunkel.
Comment on this story at www.bcrnews.com