LADD — The Ladd Community Consolidated School District #94 Board of Education met on June 17. The following business was conducted:
• Approved the amended budget as presented at the hearing.
• Approved the handbook changes for 2014-15.
• Accepted the quote for district insurance from Prairie State Insurance Cooperative.
• Approved the NCLB grant for $23,125 to be used for assisting students below grade level in reading and math, to purchase Chrome Books and for professional development for teachers.
• Accepted the bid for milk from North Central Milk Distributors for the 2014-15 school year.
• Raised the milk price to 35 cents per half-pint; the breakfast price to $2 and the lunch price to $3 for the 2014-15 school year.
• Set student fees for textbooks, supplies and technology at $100 per student for grades PreK-8.
• Adopted the prevailing wage resolution for public works projects.
• Hired supervisors, coaches and sponsors for the 2014-15 school year.
The next regular board meeting will be held on July 15 at 7 p.m. in the library.