PRINCETON — The Princeton Elementary School District conducted the following business at its June 23 meeting:
• Hired Linda Strawbridge as a kindergarten teacher to replace Christa Gruber who resigned last month. Also hired Erin Matlick as a special education teacher at Jefferson.
• Hired Erika Falk, Melissa Castro and Tabetha Morton as Logan lunch room supervisors.
• Accepted the resignations of Helen Rodrig, as a Logan special education aide; Tori Suarez, Logan special education aide and Logan pom coach; and Cori Thomas and Jennifer Wagner, Jefferson special education aides.
• Approved the Hazardous Conditions determination, as decided by the Illinois Department of Transportation. Superintendent Tim Smith said those “hazardous” conditions might be where there are no sidewalks in a subdivision, like in Sunset Prairie, or no crosswalks across major streets. The hazardous designation gives the school district the authority to bus those kids to their schools, Smith said.
• Approved the St. Louis, Princeton Christian Academy, Ohio and Malden food service agreements as presented. This will be the third year, for no change in the agreements, Smith said.