MANLIUS — The Bureau Valley School District held a budget hearing June 23 in the district office in Manlius. The Fiscal Year 2014 amended budget was presented. Amendments are as follows: Received a school maintenance grant, salary at Wyanet, natural gas costs, internet costs at Wyanet and an interest payment.
The Bureau Valley School Board of Education met in regular session at 7 p.m. Monday.
Maria Biagioni brought thank you notes from the sixth-grade classes at Bureau Valley North and at Bureau Valley South thanking the board for the opportunity to visit the Challenger Learning Center in Bloomington this past spring.
In board action, the following was approved:
• Bureau County Cooperative Alternative School and Behavior Disorder Program bills, payroll and financial reports.
• Dr. Stephen Endress as signatory on Bureau County Cooperative Alternative School and Behavior Disorder Program financial accounts.
• Bureau County Prevailing Wage Resolution.
• Transportation fuel bids.
• Purchase of BVHS basketball uniforms for girls’ and boys’ programs at an amount not to exceed $13,500.
• FY 2014 amended budget as presented.
• 2014-15 student fees schedule reflecting no changes from the previous year.
• Purchase of two school buses from Midwest Transit with after-trade-in-cost of $109,700.
• A Washington, D.C., field trip request as a privately arranged trip.
• 2014-15 regular meeting schedule, reflecting the fourth Tuesday of most months at 7 p.m.
• Board committee assignments for 2014-15 as presented, reflecting no change in board committee assignments from the previous year.
• The transfer of $57,707.90 from working cash to education fund.
After closed session, the board:
• Approved and retained the closed session meeting minutes of May 19.
• Accepted the resignations of DeAnna Coers as FCS teacher at BVHS and Corey Gruber as freshman boys basketball coach at BVHS.
• Accepted the notification of retirement of alternative education teacher Richard Verucchi at the end of the 2016-17 school year.
• Approved the employment of Barb Metzger as special education aide at BVHS; Dixie Hill as food service staff at BVN; Candie Heston as Student Council advisor at BVS; Lucas Schulz as biology teacher at BVHS; Carol Larkin as head teacher at BVN; Cori Thomas as special education aide at BVN; Wayne Bailey as one-on-one aide at BVN; and BVHS coaches and sponsors for 2014-15 as presented.
• Approved the transfer of Jenny Heidenreich from one-on-one aide to prekindergarten classroom aide at BVN .
The next regular meeting of the Bureau Valley School Board will be at 7 p.m. July 22