The 56th annual Illinois Valley Women’s Golf Invitational will be held on
Aug. 10 at Green River Country Club in Walnut.
Entry fee is $65 and includes complimentary practice round green fee, tournament green fee & cart, food, trophies, awards and prizes. Complimentary practice round availability dates are July 28 and 30 and Aug. 1, 4 and 8.
Entry forms and fees should be mailed to Karen Anderson, GRCC, PO Box 103, Ohio, IL 61349. Requested return date is Aug. 2. For additional information
contact Karen Anderson at 815-376-2913.
• SVWC golf outing: The Spring Valley Walleye Club 4-man golf scramble will be held at 7:30 a.m. Aug. 9 at Spring Creek Golf Course. Entry fee is $75 per golfer, including cart, drinks and walleye lunch. Forms are available at Spring Creek or at www.spring-valley-walleye.org. All proceeds will benefit the Illinois River Sauger stocking program.
• Red Cross Invite: The Bureau Valley Red Cross is playing host to its annual golf invitational on July 26 at Chapel Hill Golf Course in Princeton. Registration and lunch will begin at 11 a.m. and the shotgun start for the four-player team scramble formatted event will begin at 12:30 p.m. The fees are $30 for dinner and meet and greet only and $300 for a foursome to golf and $75 for an individual. The sponsorships range from $100-500.
Sponsorship opportunities are available, as well as bidding on a chance to golf with a former Chicago Bear such as Steve “Mongo” McMichael, Emery Moorehead or D’Wayne Bates.
For more information or to volunteer, contact Frankie Wolsfeld at 708-514-5135 or by email at email@example.com or Katy Olds at 815-509-1005 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Miracles Happen III Outing: The fifth annual Miracles Happen III Golf Outing will be held July 26 at Senica’s Oak Ridge Golf Course. Entry fee is $65 per golfer prior to July 19 and $75 after. Registration will start at 12 p.m. with a 1 p.m. shotgun start. A chicken dinner and awards will follow at 6 p.m.
For more information, contact Jennifer or Steve Sines at 815-228-1574 or email at email@example.com.
• Tee shots: This weekend is a big weekend for two local charity events. The Jay Braida Outing will be held Saturday at Chapel Hill Golf Course in Princeton. The event is sponsored by friends and family of Jay Braida, who passed away June 19, 2005, from melanoma.
The event was created in 2010 to help area residents in need. This year’s recipient is Abbie (Bouslog) Cochran of Princeton, poms coach at Princeton High School and an instructor at Main Street Dance Academy in Princeton. The mother of two young children was diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer and underwent a bilateral mastectomy.
For more information or to register, visit https://sites.google.com/site/jaybraidamemorialopem or find their Facebook page. You may also call 815-878-1861 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The 32nd annual Jimmy D Golf Outing will be held Sunday at Spring Creek Golf Course and Deer Park Country Club in Oglesby. The event is named for James A. “Jimmy D” DeAngelo, who died in 1983 at the age of 37 after fighting cancer. It was the wish of Jimmy and his family to raise funds to help cancer patients.
Last year’s event raised $18,000 for area patients, and throughout the past 31 years, it has raised more than $638,000. This year’s proceeds will benefit the Esophageal and Colon Cancer Center under construction at St. Margaret’s Hospital in Spring Valley.
For more information, call Diane Janz at 815-664-7260.