The Tiger Tennis Classic will be coming up with weekends for singles and doubles play at Princeton High School.
First up will be doubles tournament on July 19. There are divisions for men’s open, men’s over 40, women’s, mixed and youth.
The singles tournament will take the PHS courts on July 26. There are divisions for men’s open, men’s over 40, women’s open and youth singles.
Entry fees are $14 per person for singles ($10 for 18 and under) and $12 per person for doubles. Entry deadlines are noon July 17 for doubles and noon July 24 for singles.
Each person is to provide one can of new tennis balls for the initial match. The winner will take the unused balls to the next match. Tournament format will be determined by the number of participants. Each participant is guaranteed two matches.
For more information, visit tigertennisclassic.com.
• IVCH Classic: Rick Peacock of Princeton teamed with Noah Becker of Lincolnshire to win the consolation doubles championship of the Illinois Valley Community Hospital Tennis Classic. They defeated Mike Murfin of Princeton and Dan Johnson of LaSalle 8-3. There were 120 participants in this year’s tournament.
• Walnut 5K: Derrick Johnson (16:43) of Wyanet and Emily Pedziwatr (20:17) of Orland Hills were the top male and female finishers in the Walnut 5K for ALS. The top Walnut finishers were Kane Eastwood (18:56) and Karen Henrickson (24:45).
• SCF Tennis Tournament: The 67th annual Sweet Corn Festival will be held Aug. 8-10. The tournament will offer Junior and Adult Divisions, with the Juniors playing on Aug. 8 and adults playing on Aug. 9-10.
All matches of this year’s tourney will again be played at the Mendota High School tennis courts on the high school grounds on Route 52 north of town.
Entry forms may be picked up at the Mendota Area Chamber of Commerce office and Sports-N-Stuff in Mendota. They may also be obtained at sweetcornfestival.com or mendotahospital.org or by sending a SASE to Mendota Area Chamber of Commerce, PO BOX 620, Mendota IL 61342.
Entry deadline is 4 p.m. Aug. 6. Note T-Shirt deadlines: All players registering by July 31, will receive a Sweet Corn Festival Tennis T-Shirt. For further information contact the Chamber office at (815) 539-6507.
• Pow Wow Days 5k: The fourth annual Tiskilwa Pow Wow Days 5k Run/Walk will be held at 8 a.m. Aug. 2. Check-in and registration begin at 6:45 a.m. at the East Park shelter in Tiskilwa. Entry fee is $25 before July 14 and $30 July 15 thru race day.
Entry forms available at Bead Buzz Jewelry Designs, 432 S. Main St., Princeton, or online at www.racetime.info.
For more information, call 815-646-4624 or visit the Pow Wow Days new website, www.powwowdays.com or Facebook page.
All proceeds go to the Pow Wow Days 5k scholarship fund.
• DePue Celebration 5K: The fourth annual DePue Celebration will be held July 26 in conjunction with the DePue Boat Races. Registration will be held from 7 to 7:45 a.m. with the race to start at 8 a.m. at the DePue North Fire Station.
Entry fee is $20 before July 14 and $25 after. Trophies will be awarded to the overall male and female 5K winners and the top DePue male and female finishers. Awards will go to the 5K winners in the 10 age divisions.
Checks payable to the DePue Men’s’ Club may be sent to Michael Rodriguez, P.O. Box, DePue, Ill, 61322. For more information, contact Rodriguez at 815-878-9024 or by email at email@example.com.
• Olds-Bohm 5K: The Nancy Jo Olds-Bohm 5K Fun Run, 1-Mile Memory Walk and Kids’ Fun Run will start at 8 a.m. Saturday from Wyanet Memorial Park in conjunction with the Wyanet Summer Festival. Packet pickup and registration will be held from 7 to 7:45 a.m. Saturday. The Kids’ Fun Run will held immediately following the 5K. For more information, visit www.oldsbohm5k.com.
• Z-Tour Bike Ride: The Z-Tour Bike Ride will ride in Princeton again on July 19. There are courses available for all levels of bikers, including 10 miles, 30 miles, 50 miles, 62 miles and 100 miles throughout the Princeton and Bureau County area.
The course features well-marked bike routes, well-paved, low-traveled roadways, maps and cues for all routes, radio-dispatched SAG until 3 p.m.
All riders must start between 6 to 9:30 a.m. with the 100 milers out by 8 a.m.
All proceeds benefit the Zearing Child Enrichment Center in Princeton. To register or for more information, visit z-tour.org.
• Matt Madness 3-on-3: The inaugural Matt Madness 3 on 3 Tournament, honoring the life of Matthew Madsen Anderson, 15, who passed away March 1, will be held Sunday at Sauk Valley Community College. Registration opens at 7:15 a.m. with the first games starting at 8 a.m. For more information, contact Josie Anderson via Facebook (Josie Friel Anderson), or email [firstname.lastname@example.org).
• BV Color Races: The Bureau Valley Booster Club 5K Color Race/Walk will be Aug. 2 at Bureau Valley High School in Manlius at 8 a.m. with a kids (ages 13 and under) color run immediately following the color run.
Participants may register at GetMeRegistered.com or by sending in the registration form. The 5K entry fee $30. The kids’ color run (ages 13 and under) is $20.
Send entry forms to: Bureau Valley Booster Club, P.O. Box 387, Manlius, IL 61338. For more information, call 815-445-4711.
• Mark your calendar: Other upcoming race dates include the Cornapalooza 5K/10K in Mendota, Aug. 9; the Easter Seals 5K in Ottawa, Aug. 22; and the Gateway 5K in Princeton, Aug. 30.