The 56th annual Illinois Valley Women’s Golf Invitational will be coming to Green River Country Club in Walnut on Sunday, Aug. 10.
Entry fee is $65 and includes complimentary practice round green fee, tournament green fee and cart, food, trophies, awards and prizes. Complimentary practice round availability dates are July 28 and 30 and Aug. 1, 4 and 8.
Entry forms and fees should be mailed to Karen Anderson, GRCC, P.O. Box 103, Ohio, IL 61349. Requested return date is Aug. 2. For additional information contact Karen Anderson at 815-376-2913.
• IV Men’s Championship: The first round for the Illinois Valley Men’s Championship will be held Sunday at Deer Park Country Club. The final round will be held Aug. 3 at Senica’s Oak Ridge Golf Club.
• GRCC Junior Invite: Green River will be hosting its Junior Golf Invitational on Sunday, July 27. The tournament is open to ages 6-18 with age groups to be divided. Tee time is 1 p.m. Entry fee is $10, including a snack and drink and prizes for winners.
To sign up, call Green River at 815-379-2227.
Tiger Classic: The Tiger Golf Classic, sponsored by the Princeton High School Booster Club, will be held Aug. 16 at Chapel Hill Golf Course. Contact Mike Taylor at 815-878-3833 to sign up.
• Hidden Lake Ladies: This week starts the championship tournament for the Hidden Lake Ladies, and they will host their team scramble on Aug. 6. Winning team of the Three-Ball Tournament on Social Night consisted of LuAnn Coppejans, Peggy Maes and Virginia Moore at -10.
• SVWC golf outing: The Spring Valley Walleye Club four-man golf scramble will be held at 7:30 a.m. Aug. 9 at Spring Creek Golf Course. Entry fee is $75 per golfer, including cart, drinks and walleye lunch. Forms are available at Spring Creek or at www.spring-valley-walleye.org. All proceeds will benefit the Illinois River Sauger stocking program.
• Chip shots: There are two charity golf events on tap this weekend, including:
The fifth annual Miracles Happen III Golf Outing will be held Saturday at Senica’s Oak Ridge Golf Course. Registration will start at 12 p.m. with a 1 p.m. shotgun start. A chicken dinner and awards will follow at 6 p.m.
The Bureau Valley Red Cross Invite will take place at Chapel Hill Golf Course in Princeton. Registration and lunch will begin at 11 a.m. Saturday, and the shotgun start for the four-player team scramble formatted event will begin at 12:30 p.m. Golfers have been bidding on the chance to play with a former Chicago Bear such as Steve “Mongo” McMichael, Emery Moorehead or D’Wayne Bates.
Comment on this story at www.bcrnews.com.