BUDA — Highlighting the Buda Village Board meeting Monday night was word that the village emergency rescue unit team will be able to survive the summer’s heat a little easier.
The unit purchased a new refrigerator for the rescue hall. The original vintage 1950s refrigerator failed recently, leaving the emergency team without a place to store cool drinks to stave off the summer temperatures. The $449 cost included disposal of the old refrigerator.
In other village board news:
• Treasurer Virginia Bollinger informed the board unpaid water bills on a property the village put a lien on have been paid. She requested the lien be removed.
• Bollinger also said she will attend QuickBooks accounting software training classes. The board approved payment for the cost of the classes.
• In an update on the status of the 2014 audit, Bollinger said it is almost finished. She said she is ready to have paperwork turned over to village auditor Joe Birkey. Once Birkey reviews the audit, the village’s 2014 financial paperwork will be complete.
• Mayor Jeff Bitting said the Village Picnic Day was a fun time overall although turnout was light. He added all of the participants had a good time and hope to attend next year’s festivities. Bitting said he would like to see the village host an additional annual community together. Bollinger seconded the idea with the thought the village should put on an event in March to help villagers get over the winter blues.
• Bitting said he wants two short sections of the sidewalks by the Washington Street Bridge knocked out and repaired. He will look into the cost for the repair and advise the board.
• Bitting said the village was sprayed for flying pests last week. He added the insect spraying seemed to help the mosquito problem for a few days.
• The mayor said he will look over a Mediacom franchise agreement renewal request received at the village office. He will review the request and report to the board at the next meeting.
• A new PC controller for the water plant was purchased for $3,200.
The next board meeting is scheduled for Aug. 11 at the village hall.
Comment on this story at www.bcrnews.com.