LADD — The Ladd Village Board conducted the following business at its Aug. 12 meeting:
• Accepted the pavement maintenance bid of $35,025.25 for oil and chip and the Ace in the Hole bid of $8,978.00 for spray patch for the 2014 Street Program.
• Accepted a bid of $13,500 from Performance Pipelining to repair the sewer line on West Chestnut Street.
• Heard the Ladd Police Department received a $2,040 grant to continue alcohol and tobacco compliance checks.
• Received the police department’s activity report for July.
• Heard the pole attachment fee of $7 per pole the village currently receives from Comcast is on the low side. Attorney Pat Barry continues to work on the franchise and pole agreements.
• Passed an ordinance approving the appointment of Randy Dean as acting police chief during Bill Gaefcke’s absence.
• Passed an ordinance adding approximately five acres to the Enterprise Zone for TCI Manufacturing.
• Heard the 2014 price for de-icing salt would be $88.36 per ton.
• Heard Mike Grivetti announce contrary to rumors circulating, he has no plans to resign his position as village president.
• Authorized the payment of bills in the amount of $202,487.79.
The board will meet at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 26 in the village hall.