LADD — The Ladd Village Board conducted the following business at its Aug. 26 meeting:
• Granted permission to Jim Piacenti to use the village hall council chambers for a temporary Ladd museum during the 125th anniversary celebration in July 2015.
• Heard Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) had approved the Motor Fuel Tax paperwork and the spray patch program would begin soon.
• Heard the generator at the wastewater treatment plant has been hooked up and worked well during the recent power outage. The generator was struck by lightning on June 30. The rented mobile genset has been returned.
• Directed the removal of four or five ash borer infested trees per month, with the worst trees to come down first.
• Accepted a proposal of $2,450 from LKCS for a new village website.
• Approved a liquor license for a wine & beer tasting on Oct. 25 to benefit Ladd’s 125th Anniversary Celebration.
• Heard efforts have begun to convert the Ladd Community Center’s restrooms to comply with ADA standards.
• Discussed the ongoing issue of train whistles during the night.
• Heard no complaints have been registered on the new LED sign at Ladd Grade School.
• Heard Ladd Farm Mart would hold their grand opening on Saturday, Sept. 6.
• Approved payment of bills in the amount of $145,404.54.
The board will meet at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 9 in the village hall.