OHIO — The Ohio Grade School Board met in regular session on Tuesday, June 20, and conducted the following business:
* Approved the agenda as presented, minutes of the May 16 regular meeting, treasurer's report, activity account reports and bills and payroll for May.
* Reviewed enrollment update.
* Approved to pay bills prior to end of the fiscal year.
* Adopted the prevailing wage resolution.
* Approved worker's compensation self-insurance trust (WCSIT) renewal: Intergovernmental cooperative pooling agreement.
* Approved treasurer's bond.
* Approved resolution expressing official intent regarding certain capital expenditures to be reimbursed from proceeds of an obligation to be issued by the district.
* Approved second and final reading of board policy updates.
*Approved student handbook changes.
*Approved Title 1 plan.
*Approved final 2016-17 budget.
*In the superintendent's report, heard the boiler abatement and building abatement will be starting the week after the Fourth of July. Ohio has been guaranteed completion before the start of school.
* In principal's report, heard fourth quarter honor roll, 17 students made honor roll and 12 were high honors. This is up two students from third quarter.
Also, 21 students had perfect attendance in the fourth quarter. This is up three from third quarter. Three students had perfect attendance for the entire year (Kassandra Zembrzuski,
Sarah Henrikson and Benjamin Henrikson).
Principal Jason Wilt wanted the board’s opinion on how they thought the graduation went
with the new arrangement. The board was in agreement they liked it and thought it worked out well. Would like to see better crowd control and fill up the bleachers before adding more chairs.
Wilt will be posting the following positions in the newspaper in the next two weeks: Coaches for grade school girls’ and boys’ basketball and track. Girls’ volleyball is also in need of a coach.
After a closed session, the board:
* Approved to release closed session minutes from the May 16, board meeting.
* Approved a three-year teacher contract.
* Approved 3 percent raises for non-certified staff.
*Approved principal's contract.
*Approved the hiring of main office administrative assistant Danielle Hughes.
The next regular board meeting will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 25, in the downstairs computer lab.