LADD — The Ladd Community Consolidated School District Board met April 17 and conducted the following business:
• Learned from third-grade teacher Serena Armstrong that her class is creating a music video as a class project using their team building, organizational and writing skills. Filming will take place around the school.
• Approved a maternity leave request from Katy DeRubeis for next fall.
• Accepted a quote from Specialty Floors Inc. to clean, refinish and repair the gym floor.
Principal David Lawrence reported:
• Kyler Lapp received a first-place rating at the regional science fair held March 24 at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb.
• Gabe Stiennen, Sarah Beier, Ella Englehaupt, Skye Torri and Lexi Yepsen competed at the IESA Sectional Bowling Tournament in Peru. Beier, who is a seventh-grader, placed seventh and qualified for the state bowling tournament on April 13-14, where she placed 17th.
• The student council has planned activities for Earth Week.
Superintendent Michelle Zeko reported:
• Ladd has started to receive additional funding through the evidenced-based funding model. Ladd is scheduled to receive $8,504.19 more than last year. However, the state is behind $87,622 in payments so far.
The next regular meeting of the board of education will be at 6 p.m. May 15 in the library.