By the time this coming weekend is over, six of Bureau County’s seven high schools will have conducted their graduation ceremonies.
The seventh, LaMoille High School, will have its commencement at the end of next week.
In all, 374 high school seniors across the county are in line to receive their diplomas.
Here’s a roundup of upcoming high school graduations:
FRIDAY, MAY 18
• Hall High School, Spring Valley, will have its 104th commencement ceremonies starting at 7 p.m. in the gymnasium. Diplomas will be given to 70 graduates. Valedictorian Damien Love will speak.
• DePue High School will begin its 123rd commencement ceremonies at 7 p.m. in the gymnasium. Diplomas will be presented to 20 graduates. Valedictorian Valeria Hernandez and salutatorian Tatianna Phillips will speak.
Among the awards to be presented are the Brenda Tinges Citizenship Award and Bureau County Democratic scholarships.
Saturday, May 19
• Princeton High School will have its 149th commencement ceremonies at 10 a.m. on the football field, weather permitting. In case of rain, graduation will be moved to Prouty Gym. Diplomas will be given to 111 graduates. Speakers will be Cydney Kelly, valedictorian; Albert Sadiku, salutatorian; and Nolan Hunt, senior class president.
Several awards, including the H.A. Clark All-Around Achievement Award, will be presented during the ceremonies.
• Ohio High School will have its commencement ceremony at 2:15 p.m. in the school gymnasium, with nine graduates receiving diplomas. The valedictorian and salutatorian, who have not yet been determined, will speak.
SUNDAY, MAY 20
• Bureau Valley High School will have its 22nd commencement ceremonies at 1:30 p.m. in the high school gymnasium in Manlius. Diplomas will be presented to 76 graduates. Ellen Johnson, senior class president, and Principal Jason Spang will speak, along with the valedictorian and salutatorian, who have not yet been determined. Several scholarships will also be presented.
• St. Bede Academy, rural Peru, will have its 126th commencement ceremonies at 2 p.m. in the Abbey Church. Diplomas will be awarded to 68 graduates. Dr. Akash Goel, a member of the St. Bede class of 2003, will speak.
(On Saturday, May 19, St. Bede Academy will host a baccalaureate Mass at 7 p.m. in the Abbey Church, followed by a reception.)
FRIDAY, MAY 25
• LaMoille High School will begin its commencement ceremonies at 7 p.m. in the high school gym. Diplomas will be presented to 20 graduates. Speakers will be Clay Sundberg, valedictorian; Will Flanagan, salutatorian; and Elizabeth Wittenauer, senior class president. Among the awards to be presented are the Exemplary Athlete Award, Federation of Teachers scholarship, and other awards.