LADD — The Ladd Village Board conducted the following business in July:
• Received a map and an engineer’s estimate of cost to replace the water main in the alley east of Main Street from Cleveland Street to the railroad. An income survey will be taken in the affected area to apply for grant funding.
• Accepted the FY18 audit report presented by Kim Bird of Hopkins & Associates.
• Heard east side electric upgrade contractor L.E. Myers has been working in two subdivisions to bury the secondary electric wires to the proper depth.
• Heard Samantha Sarosinski had successfully completed field training and would be monitored by the police department until she graduates and passes the state exam.
• Addressed a complaint regarding the continued use of fireworks.
• Passed the FY18-19 appropriation ordinance and an ordinance regulating small wireless facilities.
• Approved a law enforcement intergovernmental agreement regarding the cost, use and operations of CAD & RMS equipment with Bureau County Emergency Telephone System Board.
• Approved liquor licenses for Cancun, Dick’s Tap, Giacometti’s, Rip’s Tavern, Softails, Thirsty Frog Tavern, Casey’s General Store, Ladd Moose Lodge and Ladd Lanes.
• Heard a report on the walk-through of Ladd’s Main Street that was held after a recent economic development summit.
• Entered executive session to discuss the union contract with the Public Works Department.
• Approved a request to abandon village sidewalk at 300 S. Lincoln Ave.
• Discussed various issues with properties around town.
• Approved the payment of bills in the amount of $181,921.24, the June treasurer’s report and the police department’s activity report.
The board will meet in regular session at 6:30 p.m. Aug. 14 in the village hall.