PRINCETON — The Bureau County 4-H Fair will be Thursday, July 18, through Saturday, July 20, at the Bureau County Fairgrounds in Princeton.
In addition to the project judging, there are several other special events planned. Here are some of the events the public can enjoy while visiting the fair to see the 4-H exhibits:
Thursday, July 18
• 3 p.m. — Ag Olympics. Have fun competing in these just-for-fun events with a small team. This event is open to all 4-H members, be sure to register in advance. Sign-up poster in the Allen Building.
• 7 p.m. — Fashion Revue. 4-H members take the runway to show off their clothing projects, including sewing and textiles, and clothing decision. The Fashion Revue will be held in the Hospitality Building.
Friday, July 19
• 4 to 7:30 p.m. — Livestock shows for sheep at 4 p.m., swine at 6 p.m. and the Master Showmanship Contest starting at 7:30 p.m., where youths use their showmanship skills on three different species — beef, swine and sheep.
Saturday, July 20
• 8:30 a.m. — Livestock shows for dairy at 8:30 a.m., horse, poultry and rabbits at 9 a.m., market beef followed by breeding beef at 9:30 a.m., and waterfowl and pigeons at 1:30 p.m.
• 3:30 p.m. — Bob Talbot Memorial 4-H Sale of Champions. 4-H members in livestock projects will be selling their market animals.
• 5 p.m. — Awards program will be held in the new hospitality building this year. General project awards will be given out at this time.