How to simplify holiday gift giving
(BPT) - Overwhelmed by your holiday shopping list and short on time? Not to worry – here are a few tips to cut costs, stay organized and still buy presents that your friends and family will love.
1. Stick to a budget. Arrive at the dollar amount at which you feel comfortable spending and stick with it. Then, decide on cost ranges that you would pay for those on your list. Setting limits on how much you can spend per person will streamline the overall process of holiday shopping.
2. Use a gift selection website that does the picking for you. The Timex Gift Finder website, for example, lets you discover which watch styles your loved ones will crave most after you answer five short questions about their personalities. You’ll also receive a coupon for $10 off two of these watches at Walmart or Target. To try the Timex Gift Finder yourself, visit www.TimexGiftFinder.com.
3. Be prepared with back-up gift cards. What if your cousin-in-law shows up to your shindig with a cute makeup set for you, but you have nothing for her? Don’t let that happen by keeping a stock of extra gift cards. Walmart and Target offer a wide variety of them, so you don’t have to drive from store to store.
4. Bake simple homemade treats. It’s not the cost of the present that counts; it’s the thought that matters. Show off your culinary skills with some heart-healthy oatmeal cookies or your delectable apple pie. If you need creative ideas, search Pinterest for mouth-watering inspiration.
5. Give to a worthwhile cause. Make a donation in the name of that friend or family member who has everything. Think about the recipient’s philanthropic interests rather than just contributing to a cause that you support. Write a thoughtful card explaining what inspired you to choose this gift for an added touch.
Follow these easy tips and you’ll be sure to experience stress-free holiday gifting.