(BPT) - For people considering laser hair removal for the summer, there’s good news – now is the perfect time to start. Easily hidden under typical cool weather clothing like bulky sweaters and leggings, skin is shielded from the sun and thus in perfect condition for hair removal. However, many men and women are on the fence when it comes to investing in long term hair removal due to several common misconceptions.
Here are the top five laser hair removal myths busted by Dr. Paul Flashner, chief medical director for American Laser Skincare:
1. Doesn’t treat all skin types Today there are more advanced technologies, such as the GentleMax Pro system, which delivers a wide range of treatments for effective hair removal on all skin types. Each treatment focuses on the individual, and the system prompts a series of questions about the person’s skin tone and overall makeup to help determine optimal settings for best results. It leverages two fast and powerful lasers: the Alexandrite and the Yag, for customized results on all skin types, light and dark. It is important to note that if you are considering laser hair removal, you should first work closely with a skincare consultant to understand what treatment options work best for your individual skin.
2. Too painful No pain no gain? The leading edge technology in laser hair removal has enabled a more comfortable experience for those nervous about the “ouch” factor. It delivers an intense but gentle burst of energy onto targeted areas of the skin, delivering a controlled amount of therapeutic heat to the area. In addition, many of our clients report that the system’s cool pulse provides increased comfort during treatment.
3. Too expensive While laser hair removal does require a more substantial upfront investment, long-term results significantly trump traditional routines such as shaving or waxing. Studies have shown that women spend, on average, $10,000 on shaving over their lifetime, with waxing more than doubling the investment, especially when done by a professional. Laser hair removal can help save time and money over the course of a lifetime, and aesthetic service providers like American Laser Skincare offer a true personalized experience based on real, effective and achievable results.
4. Requires frequent clinic visits and treatments GentleMax Pro treatments are separated by a window of four to 12 weeks depending on the treatment area and the individual’s hair regrowth cycle, making long-term hair removal a much less tedious and time consuming task. In order to be ready for summer, now is the perfect time to start.
5. Need to let unsightly hair grow in between treatments Laser treatments target the root of the hair rather than the surface hair so you are able to shave in between treatments and not worry about growing any unsightly hair.
“Anyone is who is thinking about getting laser hair removal wants to experience fast and effective results,” says Dr. Flashner. “The technologies available now target faster results, fewer treatments and less discomfort. Now is the perfect time for people to make sure they’ll be beach ready by summer.”
Laser hair removal treatments are available at all 100+ American Laser Skincare clinics across the country. For more information or to book a free consultation, visit www.americanlaser.com for a full list of local clinics. For additional tips and useful information about hair removal, visit www.hairremovalforum.com.