OHIO — The Ohio Grade School Board met in regular session on June 26 and conducted the following business:
• Approved the agenda as amended, minutes of the May 21 meeting as presented, the treasurer’s and activity account reports and bills and payroll.
• Summer update: Abatement of pipes is completed. Electricians are running lines to each location of new ventilators. Old radiators have been removed from classrooms. Currently, on track for August completion. An outside cleaning crew will be necessary to prepare for the arrival of teachers and students.
• Athletic Co-Op Committee meeting: Dates and times for a meeting to discuss the success of the co-op and any other additional needs or concerns for both districts. Don Reuter and Rachael volunteered to be on the Co-Op committee for the grade school board.
• Annual school board conference: Nov. 16-18. Registration is open.
• 21st Century update: Adam Weidner has submitted his letter of resignation to the regional office of education. He has accepted a teaching position in Missouri, and he will greatly missed by Ohio staff and students.
• End of the year enrollment: High school has 33 students and grade school has 80 students.
• Attendance update: 22 students had perfect attendance during fourth quarter. Jillian Anderson, Kale Forth, Benjamin Henrikson, Sarah Henrikson and Gavin Shoopman had perfect attendance for the entire year. Thirty-five students were recognized at Awards Program for having five absences or less throughout the school year.
• Fourth quarter honor roll: 15 students made honor roll, 11 students were high honors.
• Review handbook changes: Tabled until July board meeting.
• School registration was held Aug. 7, from 1 to 7 p.m.
• Approval to pay bills prior to end of fiscal year.
• Adopted a prevailing wage resolution.
• Approved Worker Compensation Self-Insurance Trust (WCSIT) renewal and Intergovernmental Cooperative Pooling Agreement.
• Approved treasurer bond.
• Tabled student handbook changes.
• Approved amended final 2017-18 budget.
• Approved Emily Gallagher as the high school and grade school music teacher.
• Approved the second and final approval of 7:50 and 7:300-E1 for compliance.
• Approved Title 1 district plan.