PRINCETON — Nutrient Stewardship of Northern Illinois, Bureau County Farm Bureau and Illinois Farm Bureau, along with several other local sponsors, will host a field day on Tuesday, Aug. 20, at the Bureau County Fairgrounds in Princeton.
The day will begin at 9 a.m. and conclude with lunch sponsored by The Fertilizer Institute. Registration will start at 8:30 a.m.
Topics covered will include:
• Cover Crop Research: Sarah Carlson, Practical Farmers of Iowa.
• Current Nutrient Loss Legislation: Laura Moody, The Fertilizer Institute.
• Regenerative Agriculture: Michell Hora, Continuum Ag.
• Nutrient Stewardship Field Tile Testing Update.
• Drainage Law: Garrett Thalgott, Illinois Farm Bureau.
• Soil Health: Jim Isermann, Soil Health Partnership.
In addition to discussion topics, attendees will have the chance to see how their soils hold up to the Rainfall Simulator. Participants are reminded to bring water samples. The Farm Bureau will once again offer free and confidential nitrate testing of water from tiles, streams or ponds.
This event is free, but attendees are asked to register by Monday, Aug. 12, through the Bureau County Farm Bureau by calling 815-875-6468.