Two candidates, one from each political party, have filed to run for Bureau County coroner so far during the current filing period for the March 17, 2020, primary.
The filing period, overseen by the Bureau County Clerk’s Office, began Monday, Nov. 25, and ends at the close of business on Monday, Dec. 2.
Longtime Bureau County Coroner Janice Wamhoff, a Princeton Democrat, filed nominating petitions to seek her party’s nomination to retain her post.
However, a Republican, Reka Albrecht of Ohio, also filed to run for the coroner’s nomination in her party’s primary.
If no other candidates file, Wamhoff and Albrecht would be assured of their parties’ nominations and would then square off in the Nov. 3 general election.
Also filing for countywide posts are incumbent State’s Attorney Geno Caffarini, a Spring Valley Democrat, and incumbent Circuit Court Clerk Dawn Reglin, a Manlius Democrat.
No Republicans had filed for either position as of the close of business Wednesday. The county clerk’s office was closed Thursday and Friday for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Several candidates for Bureau County Board have filed their nominating petitions, all incumbents. They are:
• District 2 – Dale Anderson, a Tiskilwa Republican.
• District 10 – Ralph Anderson, a Wyanet Republican.
• District 11 – Kerwin Paris, a LaMoille Republican.
• District 12 – Robert McCook, a Cherry Democrat.
• District 19 – Ronald “Tom” Dobrich, a DePue Democrat.
• District 23 – John Baracani, a Spring Valley Democrat.
• District 24 – Jane Piccatto, a Spring Valley Democrat.
• District 25 – Mary Jane Marini, a Spring Valley Democrat.
Candidates who have filed for precinct committee posts are:
• Selby 3 – Ronald “Tom” Dobrich, Democrat.
• Indiantown – Robert Ori, Democrat.
• Princeton 1 – Mark Horwitz, Democrat.
• Princeton 1 – Mary Romanelli Dremann, Republican.
• Princeton 6 – Marjorie Albrecht, Republican.
• Hall 3 – Anton Mautino, Democrat.
• Manlius – Robert Reglin, Democrat.
• Bureau Township – Lizabeth Novotny, Republican.
• Ohio 1 – Rick Wilkin, Democrat.
• Wyanet 1 – Ralph Anderson, Republican.