The Bureau and Lee County Farm Bureaus will host their 11th annual golf outing for supporters of Ag in the Classroom.
Proceeds from the tournament will benefit the Bureau and Lee County Ag in the Classroom programs.
However, this summer the Foundation fundraiser will look a bit different.
Due to the shelter-in-place order, they have made a difficult decision to not host their traditional golf outing fundraiser this year. Instead, they will go virtual. Here’s how it will work:
• Two people per team, $40 entry fee per team.
• Golf at your leisure on your chosen course. Take a photo of your scoresheet and fun time on the course and email or drop your score sheet in the mail by Aug 1. Scores are kept on the honor system.
• Prizes will be awarded to teams based on criteria that will be announced after Aug. 1 to keep everyone honest. Prize categories may include lowest or highest strokes on a specific hole, number of birdies, total score, etc. Most of all, get to a course and have fun!
• Become a virtual hole sponsor.
• Seed Sower, $100; Cultivator, $250; Harvester, $500; Barn Raiser, $750 or Rain Maker, $1,000.
Funds raised will support the Bureau and Lee County Ag in the Classroom programs.
Through Ag in the Classroom, they are able to provide local schools with free fun and educational resources related to agriculture.
Registration and sponsorships are due by June 30.
For more information, contact the Bureau County Farm Bureau at 815-875-6468 or Lee County Farm Bureau at 815-857-3531.