As a public service, Perry Memorial Hospital & Shaw Media have partnered to provide open access to information related to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) emergency. Sign up for the newsletter here
On Monday, Bureau, Putnam, Marshall County Health Departments reported 16 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 over the past 24 hours.
Ten new cases are recovering at home in Bureau County:
• One teenage female.
• One teenage male.
• One female in her 20’s.
• One male in his 20’s.
• Two females in their 40’s.
• Two males in their 40’s.
• Two females in their 60’s.
One female in her 70’s is being hospitalized in Bureau County.
In Putnam County, two new cases are recovering at home:
• One female in her 60’s.
• One male in his 60’s.
In Marshall County, three new cases are recovering at home:
• One female in her 30’s.
• One male in his 30’s.
• One female in her 60’s.
There have been 639 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the counties served by the Bureau, Putnam and Marshall County Health Departments. Bureau County has had 529 confirmed cases; Marshall County has had 74 confirmed cases; and Putnam County has had 36 confirmed cases. The first case was reported in Marshall County on March 23.
Bureau County remains in the warning level for COVID-19 for the fifth consecutive week.
In addition to daily testing available at Perry Memorial Hospital and St. Margaret’s Hospital, BPMCHD will offer drive-thru testing at the Bureau County Health Department during the morning hours on Wednesday, Sept 16. Call 815-872-5091 on Tuesday for an appointment.
Drive-thru testing will be offered in Marshall County at the Varna Fire Station at 50 Chestnut St., Varna, on Saturday, Sept. 19, from 9 a.m. to noon by appointment. Call 815-872-5091 to make an appointment.
Breakdown by ZIP code
ZIP codes with six or more cases in Bureau County are:
• Princeton, 130 confirmed cases out of 2,783 tests.
• Spring Valley, 119 cases out of 1,592 tests.
• DePue, 101 cases out of 337 tests.
• Buda, eight cases out of 149 tests.
• Ladd, 15 cases out of 197 tests.
• LaMoille, 23 cases out of 227 tests.
• Tiskilwa, 10 cases out of 208 tests.
• Sheffield, eight cases out of 252 tests.
• Walnut, 11 cases out of 360 tests.
• Neponset, eight cases out of 127 tests.
• Wyanet, 15 cases out of 197 tests.
• Arlington, eight cases out of 71 tests.
• Ohio, six cases out of 134 tests.
• Bureau Junction, nine cases out of 71 tests.
In Marshall County:
• Henry, 30 cases out of 666 tests.
• Sparland, nine cases out of 365 tests.
In Putnam County:
• Granville, 18 cases out of 273 tests.
In total, 7,277 Bureau County residents, 973 Putnam County residents and 2,943 Marshall County residents have been tested for COVID-19 since the beginning of the pandemic.
This information was last updated on Monday. The number of cases and tests change on a daily basis.
Individuals who have questions or concerns about COVID-19 can contact the Illinois Department of Public Health Hotline at 800-889-3931.