PRINCETON — Due to increased infection rates of the COVID-19 virus, the Princeton City Hall building is again moving into a precautionary stage for its employees and residents.
• City hall will lock its doors to daily walk-in traffic until further notice.
• Fire and police departments still will respond to emergencies from 911 calls.
• Curbside garbage and recycling collection still will take place on the existing schedule.
• Utility services or questions about utility bills can be accessed by calling city hall at 815-875-2631, then press option #2.
• Monthly utility bills still need to be paid and can be dropped-off at the city hall front door drop box or the rear alley drop box. Payments also can be made during business hours over the phone by calling 815-875-2631, then press option # 2. Business hours are Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Fridays until 2:00 p.m.
Any change in times, dates and places of upcoming city council meetings will be announced in advance of its regular schedule of first and third Mondays, 7 p.m. at city hall.
More updates are likely in the coming days or weeks as governmental and/or medical advice dictates. Updates will be posted to the city website at www.princeton-il.com.